Wednesday, October 20, 2010

MC Event: Nobu Next Door

Went to Mastercard's Event at Nobu Next Door tonight with my good buddy Jin. Here's the menu. The meals are served family style except the dessert, so what you see is not what I had all to myself. Although I wish I did.



First up, the appetizers. The sashimi is alright, a bit too vinegary for my taste. The spinach salad on the other hand, was perhaps the best salad I've had in a long time. I've never been a salad person, but I definitely this one.



Next comes the mains, the signature black cod with miso was fork tender. I'm a big fan of the fish, but not so of the sauce, a little too sweet here covering up the umami of the cod. Beef filet was seared to medium-rare, it's a good cut of meat, perhas a bit underseasoned. Or tmaybe here's something wrong with my palate?



Third course is the Sushi, we got Salmon, Yellowtail, Hamachi, and Tuna. The rolls are shrimp with asparagus and yellowtail with scallion, I think. I'm not entirely sure. These are fresh, and you can't go wrong with fresh fish with well-seasoned sushi rice.


The dessert includes a decadent Chocolate Souffle and home-made Green Tea ice-cream. How can one say no to such combination? Alright, I admit I like the Green Tea ice-cream better because of my Asian pride.


All in all, it was a great meal. Hey, it's free, I really can't complain. Nothing tasted bad, but nothing WOWed me either. The salad was my favorite dish of the night. The sauce/seasoning in the entrees are a bit too sweet for me. It's just me though, I like things salty, MSG laden, and with a spicy kick. Think Szechuan.

No comments:

Post a Comment