Friday, October 22, 2010

Hhonors Account Reinstated

I have accumulated some Hilton Honors(HH) Points from a previous life. Yet due to a number of factors, I no longer stay with them. In fact, my last stay at a Hilton was in June 2009. This past weekend, I don’t know what made me check on my HH account, but I’m glad I did because I discovered a shocker. I was not able to log in as my account is 'no longer active'. This of course spurred a moment of panic within me. Then I looked up Hilton’s expiration policy on points. Voila, points expire after 12 months of inactivity. Somehow, I thought it’s the standard 24 months like most pf the other programs. Really wanted to kick myself that very moment.


So what to do now. No way I’m gonna let it go without a fight. I sent an email to HH Customer Service pleading my case. Then as impatient as I am, I called them up, begging them to reinstate my account and give back my points. The CSR said I’ll need to have one paid stay within the next 60 days with Hilton, then call within 3 days to have my points re-deposited into my account. Okay, I think that’s pretty fair considering I’m the one that dropped the ball. But then it occurred to me, in this great city I live, hotel is not cheap. I suppose shelling out a few hundred to for these points is worth it. So I made a random reservation and gave up, but still secretly wishing that the HH Email Team would come up with something more favorable.

Lo and behold, 2 days later, I received a response from HH Customer Service, Saying that they’ll credit back my account as an one-time courtesy. OMG, my prayers worked, thank you God.


Moral of the story, never give up without trying. Try different alternatives, you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment