Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lots of beef = Indigestion


Since Argentina is the cattle capital of the world, beef makes up 80% of people's diet. 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you just can't escape it. I'm not a picky eater myself, as long as it tastes good, I can pretty much eat anything... So last night, we went to this restaurant next to the hotel. Thank god we had someone who speaks spanish, so ordering wasn't a PITA. Let's see...we ordered some appetizers including empanadas and grilled kidneys(Yuck...), steaks(Duh...), and wine(red of course to go with the steak...). I had the filet mignon, I was in absolute disbelief when it showed up. Are you f$cking kidding me? That cut of meat has gotta be at least 20OZ, I've never seen that big cut of steak in my life before. But oh boy, was it good, so juicy and flavorful, done medium just the way I like it. And the red wine Malbec is so easy to drink, I think I'll bring a couple of bottles home. The whole meal was only $60 pesos, that's like less than $20USD. I can't even get a bottle of wine for that price in a NYC restaurant, forget about a good cut of steak... Man, this job is spoiling my pallet BIG TIME. Too bad my waist is not appreciating my efforts. Guess you just can't have the best of both worlds.


No comments:

Post a Comment