Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bario Chino on Saturday


So I ventured out to the little known Chinatown in Buenos Aires on Saturday. It was indeed tiny, only 2-3 blocks with a couple of restaurants, grocery stores, and other small shops selling miscellaneous stuff. Me and my colleagues just wandered around and had lunch at 'Lai Lai', the food was quite oily, but still... it was good to have something other than steaks and empanadas. Then I got myself some 'oriental' snacks such as cup noodles, milk tea, sushi rolls, and sweet congee, etc... Believe it or not, the supermarkets actually carry alot of stuff from Korea and Japan, I recognize alot of brands I'm used to getting back at home. Anyway, depends on how long I'll have to stay in Argentina, I might go back for more. Bario Chino is a bit far from my hotel, and it is such a hassle to get around here if you can't speak espanol. So far, my spanish vocabs are only limited to food items... That is such a shame consider I took one year of spanish in junior high. Crying

DSCF1776DSCF1777DSCF1778DSCF1779DSCF1780DSCF1787DSCF1788DSCF1789DSCF1790DSCF2064

No comments:

Post a Comment