Wednesday, April 16, 2008

International Progressive Cuisine


Went to La Vineria de Gualterio Bolivar for chow last night. The type of food served at this restaurant & bar(which was featured in Time Out Buenos Aires 2008) is categorized as international progressive, that's the first time I heard such a fancy term for food. We had the signature tasting menu which composed of 11 small plates(7 appetizers, 2 main courses, 2 desserts), we also got 2 bottles of agua sin gas(water without gas) and 2 bottles of reds (malbec & cabernet sauvignon), all for $140 Argentinian pesos per person (that's less than $50USD). Even though the portions were alot smaller than the tapas I'm used to in NYC, but boy were they excellent. Each dish had its own unique flair to it and they were all so beautifully presented. I give the meal 5 stars in terms of taste, presentation, creativity/originality, and the use of ingredients, on top of great service and ambiance. The head chef of the restaurant Alejandro Digilio is my new idol in the world of culinary arts. You can tell he puts alot of heart into his food, I would've chatted with him if my spanish wasn't so broke. Anyway, I just cannot recommend the dining experience @ this place enough. Whoever has a chance to visit Buenos Aires should definitely give this restaurant a try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment